As I shared a couple of weeks ago, World Vision’s Bloggers are going on another trip, and they’ve invited me to go along again. This time, we’re headed to Sri Lanka, an island country just south of India. Our hope and prayer is that you’ll follow our journey, find hope and inspiration in the stories we share, and perhaps be moved to join the story by sponsoring a child from Sri Lanka through World Vision.
We leave just one week from today, my to-pack pile is full of toys and gifts and insect repellant, and my fear of disappointing is fading into excitement. As we prepare to write stories of the incredible people of Sri Lanka with all of you, we wanted to host a little celebration for our readers as well. So we’re having a little contest/giveaway!
We’ve put together four identical prize packages: a collection of some of our favorite books, music, and World Vision apparel. To each of those four prize packs we will add something from Sri Lanka, selected while we are there next week — a unique item made by the people of Sri Lanka. When they sent me the list, my jaw hit the floor. Just look.
Each of the four winners will receive:
- A copy of World Vision’s Faith in Action Study Bible
- A copy of The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, World Vision’s president
- An autographed copy of Love Story: The Hand That Holds Us from the Cradle to the Grave by Nichole Nordeman
- A copy of Praying for Strangers: An Adventure of the Human Spirit by River Jordan
- A copy of Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life by Nick Vujicic
- A copy of From the Library of C.S. Lewis: Selections from Writers Who Influenced His Spiritual Journey by James Stuart Bell and Anthony P. Dawson
- A copy of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp (as well as a copy of Ann’s “gift book” called Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters (this book features Ann’s words and photography)
- A copy of Music Inspired By The Story, a compilation CD that includes music by Amy Grant, Nichole Nordeman, Michael W. Smith, Natalie Grant, Jeremy Camp and many more.
- A copy of Hurt & the Healer by MercyMe
- A copy of As Long As it Takes by Meredith Andrews
- A copy of Who I Am from American Idol alum Jason Castro
- A copy of The Reckoning by Needtobreathe
- A copy of Hundred More Years by Francesca Battistelli
- A World Vision t-shirt from its GIVEN apparel line
- An official World Vision track jacket
- And a handmade item from Sri Lanka…
Pretty sweet, right? I wish I could enter!
Anyway, to enter for your chance to win, simply “like” World Vision’s Facebook page and each of the bloggers’ Facebook pages using this handy Rafflecopter tool below (Note: you will need to be signed into your Facebook account for it to work). If you already like our pages, it’s cool — just click “Do it” and then “I’m a Fan!” and then go to the next page on the list. It will automatically enter you to win one of the FOUR amazing prize packages. (If you subscribe to my blog via email or reader, you may need to view this post on my site to enter.)
This contest begins on Thursday, August 16, 2012 and will end at midnight (PST) on Wednesday August 22, 2012. Winners will be selected at random. One winner per household. You must be 18 years or older and have a valid United States address to enter. No purchase is necessary. Winners will be contacted by email on or before September 10, 2012.