“A thankful heart is a happy heart. I’m glad for what I have, it’s an easy way to start.” – from Madame Blueberry, Veggie Tales
Today, I am counting many blessings from the past few weeks.
40. A successful procedure for our son, and his swift complete recovery
41. The timing of the procedure, just before our out-of-pocket costs for it skyrocketed.
42. Grace to comfort instead of scold a child up in the middle of the night
43. Potty-training progress! The 3 1/2-year-old actually put his excrement in the proper place three times in the last 48 hours!
44. Slow and steady healing from my bronchitis
45. Shouts of “Mommy’s home!” when I return from being out
46. Listening to my husband teach this morning
47. Finding a way to keep some white Christmas lights up this winter
48. A new coat and mittens
49. The means to repair our van without borrowing
50. The generosity of friends who have helped us get our family to and from while down to one vehicle with insufficient seat belts for all of us
51. Birthday planning for my husband (I love a good secret)
52. The enthusiasm my children have for our current read-aloud at bedtime, “On the Banks of Plum Creek”
53. Hot tea, hot coffee, and hot soup on cold winter days
54. Kind words after a meeting I put a lot of effort into
55. Cozy evenings cuddled with my husband watching a movie together
56. The way my 8-year-old son wrapped his arm around me in church this morning
57. Cough syrup
58. Stove-popped popcorn with melted butter and salt
59. Flannel sheets
60. The faithful prayers of friends and family
Join the gratitude community? Click the button below to add your thanks.
Like what you see here? Subscribe for free! Click here to add Joy in This Journey to your preferred blog reader or receive new posts by email.