It’s summer and we’re finding a new everyday. I haven’t found it yet. While I have many fabulous ideas, I struggle to follow through with them. I’m quite happy to drift rough summer slowly and whimsically, but I have three children who don’t prefer life so slow and random. I’m seeking a compromise — less structure but enough plans to keep them focused (and hopefully reduce whining to a minimum).
280. Outdoor play!
281. Fresh strawberries on homemade waffles
282. Flood of roses in my front yard
283. Precious moments on the hammock
284. Forgiveness and hugs after resolving misunderstandings
285. The latest -isms from my youngest, such as “daddy, your weeds are growing back on your face.”
286. Kids who have mastered swimming.
287. Visits to the pool more relaxing for mommy.
288. New books
289. Time to read
290. Time to write (albeit in tiny snippets of time)