It was a difficult, tiring week. We’re making arrangements for children for an overnight visit to the hospital next week. We’re facing sinful hearts and sinful tongues. We’re practicing truth-telling, humility, helpfulness, and respect.
And I’m battling selfishness and despondence by counting a thousand (or more) gifts with Ann.
11. The kids’ joy at the first snow of the season.
12. Snowflakes soft on coats, hats, dog’s fur, and grasses.
13. A day without the alarm clock’s persistent beeping.
14. Waking instead to the sounds of children cooperating to build a fort of blankets and pillows.
15. A dog racing with joyous abandon after young snow-sledders.
16. Kind words from a cashier at the end of an exhausting week.
18. The smile on the face of the young man who received the first communication device fully-funded by the memorial fund in Ellie’s name. I will treasure the look on his face and the joy of his parents for the rest of my life.
19. Baking cookies together
20. Christmas music
21. A night together at our town’s Christmas festival
22. The toddler’s reckless loving on the sheep, goats, rabbits, and chickens at the petting zoo
23. The bare-naked honesty of David in the Psalms
24. The prayers of friends and family
25. An evening snuggled on the couch with my husband
Join the gratitude community? Click the button below to add your thanks to the list.
Like what you see here? Subscribe for free! Click here to add Joy in This Journey to your preferred blog reader or receive new posts by email.